Friday, April 17, 2009

Random Updates

I have joyful news about my weight. I finally worked up the courage to get on the scale and found that I am now down 18 pounds. Hooray! I think my body finally realized it wasn't pregnant anymore. 

My hormones are still out of whack. I know this because everything is making me cry. My mother-in-law, who is one of the best people I know and stayed with me this week, left yesterday and I was bawling. That is an understandable cry. I was watching the movie "Anywhere But Here" today and cried at nearly every scene. 

My mother would like me to clarify that I am not a druggie. This was due to my post about being in the hospital and "being high" on the anti-anxiety drugs that I had no idea they gave to me. So, for the record, I am not a drug user. However, I really did appreciate the little white pills that the nurses brought to me in the hospital. They were chewy with a minty flavor and brought me great pleasure. It was a drug called Mylicon :) and it greatly reduced my gas issues.
I was burping like a...  hmmm... I don't have a good ending for that simile. I bet my buddy Kathleen does. Anyway, Luke and Jack came to visit and I said,"Look what mommy can do" and let out a big belch. So ladylike!

I am healing. I can do a little more every day. My incision is looking good. The staples were taken out and I am not in any pain anymore. There is some fluid behind the incision. I have to put warm compresses on it to try to make the fluid absorb back into my body. 

Thank you to all of you who read and comment on my blog. Your comments bring me such encouragement and I love all the little stories you tell. Thanks for taking this journey with me. 


No comments: