Saturday, May 23, 2009

SMILING FACES

I have been noticing a funny new trend around town. I see people who appear to be walking all by themselves. But, they are not alone. They have a secret companion. 

They smile lovingly at this companion. They look at this companion as if they are about to burst out laughing. They smile knowingly at this companion. 

So far, it doesn't seem to be socially acceptable to actually burst out laughing with this companion. 

Although, I think I am guilty of it. I'll have to try to keep it in next time.

Can you guess what I am talking about?

It is so hilarious to look at these people's faces, smiling down at their cell phones as they read their text messages. 

Keep your eyes open and you'll notice how smiley these faces are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its dumb and annoying. I dont have a cell phone and when I did have one, I never texted. I can see it being useful for some things which dont apply to me at this stage in my life so I dont have one. If I did, I sure woulding walk around doing it, I am not graceful enough and I'd surely end up falling somewhere and breaking my ankle.

Kelly L said...

I was in the market the other day and I was buying an avocado. This lady is next to me and kept saying it's way too hard..try the other one. I was wondering how she knew which avocado was hard by watching me pick it up.. I glance up at her and she's talking into her earpiece... she gave me a smile of annoyance because I had asked her which one would she suggest...because she was annoying me...