Monday, August 3, 2009

A Favorite Book By Francine Rivers

About four years ago, I gave this book to one of my best friends. She recently took a trip to Paris with her husband without her children and finally read it. She said, "Why didn't you make me read it sooner? It is amazing."

I tried!

A Voice in The Wind tells one of the most powerful stories I have ever read. It is the story of a slave girl called Hadassah. I guarantee that she is one character who you will never forget. She is heroic in her pain.

There are two more books in the Mark of the Lion series- An Echo In the Darkness and As Sure As the Dawn. In this series, Francine Rivers takes you through the streets of ancient Jerusalem, Rome and Ephesus and brings these cities and their ancient people to life.

If you haven't read it yet, you JUST HAVE TO! I'm imploring you.

Don't say I didn't tell you.


9 comments:

a new beginning said...

Totally agree...and along with those you have to read Francine River's Redeeeming Love.

Farmgirl Paints said...

I so need to get to the library. I am really excited to see what her other books are like. You know I loved Redeeming Love.

lauren said...

I could not agree with you more. Francine Rivers is one of my most favorite authors. That series as well as Redeeming Love are the absolute best!

denise said...

It's been awhile...you got me thinking that I should reread that series. I also really like Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. She's an excellent author!

Lena said...

It sure sounds interesting... thanks for the suggestion. I will have to try it out.

Kasey said...

I will have to check them out!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Girl! I was glued, and I do mean GLUED to this story... I almost cried when I found out that the second one in the series was being checked out to someone else at the Library and I would have to wait. I mean, I didn't cry, but I almost did! That's how much I loved it. I love that you love it too!!

a new beginning said...

Btw I forgot to mention that when you begin this book you have to be patient for it to really get going...it takes at least 100 pages til you are hooked, so keep going even if you think it's boring at first and then you'll want to speed thru all 3 books!

Rachel Lundy said...

I agree!!! Excellent book. Never has a fiction book had such an impact on me. The first two books in "The Mark of the Lion" series make my top 5 list.