Wednesday, May 19, 2010


So, I really shouldn't have written that part in my last post about nobody having caught the virus Toots was dealing with. The next morning I woke up with it. Sick in the head as I am, my first thought was- well, at least I'll lose a few more pounds before my reunion. Don't even try to tell me that you haven't thought the same thing before. 

The last few days have been spent in bed, over the toilet, and on the couch. The really fun part was when Hottie Husband had to go take a final exam for a class he has been taking this semester, and I was getting sick while trying to take care of the kids. Toots was still weak and Jackie Boy wasn't feeling good either, so Mister Luke was in charge of Little Bear. It all worked out and we survived the night with much TV watching involved. However,  it was at this point that I really wanted my mommy.

For me, the virus was much less violent and more short lived than it was for Toots. This is good because a house with a sick mother does not fare very well. HH did great as my stand in for a few days- making lunches, getting everyone to school, grocery shopping, etc. But, still the house is in recovery mode today- laundry, going through papers brought home from school, laundry, dusting, laundry, cleaning floors, laundry, disinfecting everything, laundry, checking e-mail's that have piled up, laundry, writing post, laundry. 

How can there possibly be this much stinkin laundry???? 

Okay, I'll simmer down now.
 I am in recovery mode.
All is well and right in the world.
The kids are all back at school.
I will write a somewhat normal post tomorrow.

By the way, who takes over for you when you are sick?


Foursons said...

Yikes! Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Brigetta's Mom said...

I so wanted to come help you out! Even thinking if I did come and got that bug, maybe I would lose some more weight too. ha ha
Glad my little family is getting better!

Angie S said...

We just got over that bug too. Oh it was awful!!!!

I did lose a few pounds, and yes I was happy about it!

Angie S said...

We just got over that bug too. Oh it was awful!!!!

I did lose a few pounds, and yes I was happy about it!

Valerie said... one! My dear husband is a fire hubby and that means he's gone for 24-hour shifts. I think he was able to pull a sick day (to stay home with the littles) once or twice.

And the laundry...the puked on, pooped on laundry piles up quicker and multiplies faster than should be allowed!!!

So glad you are on the's to warmer days ahead!!!


Brian the old man said...

I know how you feel, I've been ill for about two weeks now and I am just now recovering myself. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope the whole klan gets feeling better soon.

The Brewers said...

so glad you are feeling better my friend. buddy is a great takerover :) gracie is sick in bed today. love you.