Monday, December 6, 2010

My New Favorite Bra

Yes, I am going to talk about my bra.
So if you are squeamish about bras, you should turn the channel right now.

For the past two years I  have been wearing a ratty nursing bra. Not actually true. The last seven months I have been wearing an ill-fitting bra I picked up off the rack at Target without trying it on. It belongs in the same category or worse than my ratty nursing bras.

I no longer live in the city. I do not live in a place where ladies wear tape measures in the color pink around their necks. They do not fit you for bras at Costco, Target, or Walmart. I knew you were really wondering about that.

But, a few weeks ago when I went to pick my mom up in Missoula, we went to the mall. And it was like a real mall, not like the fake ones we have here. It actually had a Gap, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister and lo and behold what does my bosom sense around that corner... a Victoria's Secret.

Now, I must confess that when I was a city girl with all my city girl attitude and city girl options, I wanted to boycott Vicky's Secret. With many little boys in tow walking down the streets in Pasadena, they had GIANT billboards in their window of  very... well, you know... you've seen them. And before I was a mother of boys, I never thought about how you could be walking down the street with them and expose them to... well, you know.

But, I am weak. My boycott was short lived. I am sure VS is very happy to hear about this.

Getting on to my point. I found the best bra ever that day with my mom.  It is called the Incredible Bra and I fully agree with its name. Its most fine features include double padding over the underwire, a self-adjusting strap (this means no little plastic thingys to slide up and down), a wide band and enough padding so nobody will know in frigid temperatures if you are smugglin raisins. I actually don't like to get caught doing that. Even if it is a fashion trend.

Victoria's Secret did not pay me to say this and I have no relation to them except that I wear their undergarments.

4 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

When I finally started wearing good bras from Victoria Secret, my husband said...and I do quote "that's better than a new car"! Enough said:)

Kendra said...

I would have to agree, their incredible bra is truly incredible. One of the most comfortable bra's I've ever worn, hands down. Glad you enjoyed our mall! :-)

a new beginning said...

you know i still won't step foot in the place. love you :)

Tracy said...

Brigetta - I found this a month or so ago...after buying all bras elsewhere and I LOVE it! Worth every penny. I have the push up and the demi and they are both awesome...doesn't even feel like you are wearing one. I'm happy to see someone shares my love for the Incredible!
Tracy Hetherington