Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Want To Kiss a Guy Named Jeff!

Jeff Kinney that is! He is the author of the Diary of the Wimpy Kid series and my nine year old has finally started enjoying reading because of his writing. So if I saw this wonderful man I would gladly fall at his feet and kiss his super smart feet. I have always loved reading and I am a former English major and English teacher so it was excruciating for me to hear Luke say, "I don't like reading" or "Do I have to read?"

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid had him hooked right away. He would lay on his bed and actually enjoy reading or stay in the bathroom until his legs fell asleep just to finish a chapter.  There are three in the series pictured below- Luke read all three in a row- and now there is a Do- It Yourself Diary that is blank for kids to fill in on their own. Brilliant- get them writing too! So Jeff, keep your eye out for me, I'm looking for a big smooch and I am sure I'm not alone.

  

No comments: