Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Less Than 24 Hours to Go!

At this point, I am excited and a little apprehensive. A little fear keeps popping up because this is my fourth c-section. This stemmed from a comment by a mom I know who is also an obstetrician. When she found out it was my fourth c-section, she said, "Wow, you are really rolling the dice." That wasn't very nice of her. But that is where the seed of fear was planted and I am prayerfully digging it out. There is no go going back now, this baby has to come out. 

The past few days I feel like someone beat the whole lower half of my body with a stick. Walking is a little precarious and my hip joints and my back need some serious oil. I feel a little like the Tin Man before he is completely oiled, but with a giant belly. All gracefulness has abandoned me.

One of the things I am most excited about is that I get to be in the hospital. I know some women can't wait to get out and go home. Not me! I am so excited to just rest, have people bring me food (I am not picky about hospital food), and drugs when I need them. Hotel time for me.

A lot of family is going to be there. It is wonderful to be so loved. 

Thank you for all of your love and support. I am hoping to post from my mom's laptop tomorrow afternoon to give you the news of our sweet baby. 


1 comment:

Lena said...

what things we go through- just to have a sweet little baby... i remember my last week before i had my little girl, so hard. but i was like you as well, i had her at 12:20am and i decided to stay the whole day just resting at the hospital, people visiting, and bringing food, and went home the next day... it was my little vacation before going home to deal with all three girls at once.