Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weigh Down Wednesday

First, I want to thank you for reading because just knowing that I had to write this post today kept me from eating many naughty things this week. I was able to say no to cookies when my son approached me with a handful of them at an event earlier in the week and I was able to say no to ice cream at dollar scoop night at Baskin-Robbins last night. Have I told you that ice cream is my favorite food?

Here's the news- (drum roll please)- I am down 2 pounds. Hooray!

To be honest, I was hoping for more like 5 pounds, especially since I'm nursing, exercising and eating much better than I had in the two weeks prior. But, I'll take two pounds.

I met my goals of the week of walking 30 minutes a day for 4 days, and lifting weights for my biceps, triceps and shoulders. I have to tell you that it really felt good. I am not allowed to exercise when I am pregnant so it had been almost a year. It just felt good to have my muscles be a little sore because that made me feel stronger. 

This week I am going to increase my speed and do a few sprints within my walk. I will continue to do the weights. I have to wait until next week to add in some abdominal exercises.

I want you to know that I  do not think of this as a diet. I grew up in a home where there were many diets going on. The thing I have learned about diets is that you go on the diet and lose the weight. But, then you go off the diet and the weight comes back on.

So, for me, I am thinking about this as changing my choices. Last week I chose not to eat ice cream or cookies. This week I will add fried food to that list. And I will choose to meet my exercise goals.

What about you? How did you do? Please know I look forward to hearing how it went. 

Feel free to join in anytime. I know there are some more of you out there thinking about it. Just knowing someone is keeping you accountable is a huge help.

7 comments:

Mercy said...

Well, I have decided to start next week :).Because
1) This is the last week of school and all I did was run around with my kids.
2) I blew it yesterday when I made browines and I had vanilla icecream with it (it was so good)
3) Today is Wednesday and that means I can start today.

So, see you next week and congradulation 2 pounds is 2 pound more than I lost.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh girl I'm so proud of you. I haven't been doing great. I haven't worked out in the last 2 days, which is long time for me. I need to flip the switch again...for me it's mental. I need to see a fatty picture of myself or something to make me rethink my choices:)

Keep at it. I know you will meet your goals.

jennifer Dennis said...

Hey there
Good job sticking to your goal for the week
I was talking to a friend who is a nutritionist/family practice doc and she told me (we were discussing marty) he can continue to eat same foods just half the amount according to her portion control is key. She also suggested when eating out have the waiter put half your meal in a to go box and you will never miss it.
I think I am going to have to start that myself.
Hope all is well miss you guys Love Jen

Anonymous said...

way to go!!!!!! keep it going.....

Anonymous said...

So many people I know have been choosing healthier lifestyles, so it seems only natural to jump on the bandwagon. I have walked for 3 days in a row (long walks too...40min or more) and have been a bit more concious of the meals I prepare. Of course, I haven't noticed any real physical results yet, but the exercise has done wonders for my mood.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Good for you!! The only think I have noticed keeps me accountable is weighing every morning no matter what. (but only the one time) Then I can think (but not dwell or obsess) about my food choices that day with a goal in mind. It's amazing what seeing .4 of a pound loss can do for you... we all need encouragement in the right direction!!

Way to go girl.

Unknown said...

Hey girl... I am so proud of you. Think of it this way... it's two of mom's new little dog "lily". She's a little less than a pound. so really like 2 and a quarter of her.... now it seems like a lot, right? :) Just remember this, as long as it says less and not more... were all good! I'm down 3 this week. And not on one of my crazy diets... at least I don't think.. :) love you....