Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas- The Boys' Favorite!

One of the boys' favorite meals is my chicken enchiladas. They devour them and I love that I can make them ahead of time and then just heat them up when it's convenient. If you are interested, here is the recipe.

Ingredients

12 Chicken Breast Tenderloins ( I buy the large frozen bag)
Corn Tortillas
2 large or 3 small cans of  La Victoria Enchilada Sauce (I buy mild)
1 Pound Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 small can of sliced olives

First, take the frozen chicken breasts and boil them until cooked completely.


I am showing you this picture, although the chicken breasts do not look at all appetizing in this pot, to remind you that it is important to boil the chicken. It comes out very tender this way and it is also a super easy way to cook the chicken.

Once the chicken is cooked through, take it out and let it cool on a plate. Then use your hands to shred it into bite size pieces. 

Next, pour some of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish. 

Then pour some of the enchilada sauce onto a separate plate. Take the tortillas, one at a time, dip them into the sauce on the plate. Be sure to dip both sides.


Once the tortillas are covered in the sauce, put some shredded chicken and some cheese inside and then fold it under and place in the baking dish. Repeat until chicken is gone. Once all of the enchiladas are in the pan, pour the remainder of the enchilada sauce over them and then sprinkle with cheese. Top them with the sliced olives.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.


I usually make about 16-18 enchiladas in two pans and we rarely have leftovers. 

Enjoy!

And if you want to check out other favorite recipes, please visit the sites listed by MckLinky below.



MckLinky Blog Hop

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your enchiladas look yummy! But I have never seen enchiladas made without frying the tortillas for a second on each side first, we tried once and the tortillas came out mushy. What is your trick for not coming out mushy?
I always use monterey jack cheese (ok, I am mexican and this is why, LOL)

. said...

When boiling the chicken, how long do you let it boil? I'm scared of undercooking anything that when I cook, I tend to overcook the food in case. Most part of it like the burgers and beef, I love the taste of it well done. :P

from SITS :D

Helen McGinn said...

Interested? In a new recipe kids like? You betcha! Thanks and it's lovely to meet you. xx

MadeInCanarias said...

I love Mexican food. Your enchiladas look really delicious!

Amy said...

These look yummy! Thanks so much for sharing.

I posted my kid's favorite meal on my blog today.
Blessings,
Amy

Night Owl Mama said...

Omgosh I needed a recipe Thanks this looks yummy

Katie said...

Looks like a great enchilada recipe. Thanks for the great step by steps.

Multiple personalities.. said...

Yay! You just gave me my recipe for dinner tonight! so super easy and I already have most of the ingredients at home. Thanks!! Nice to meet you via SItS!

Jenny said...

these do look yummy!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Mmmmmmmm! I love enchiladas!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh my that looked good. I am official craving chicken enchiladas. I copied the recipe...yummy!!!

Lora said...

yummy!
Stopping by from SITS--have a great day!

Northern Thunder said...

You have done it! You've taken a dish that people are afraid to cook because they think its to complicated and made it Simple!!

And it tastes great!

Thanks. I can't wait to see whats next.

I'd love it if you can visit my Blog as well for more recipies.

Thoughts From the Outside
www.theboxisshrinking.blogspot.com

ItsKelly said...

I love enchiladas! Easy to make and everyone loves them!

Lisa Anne said...

I love making this, I have two bags stored in my freezer for another time just because they freeze so well. I make mine a little different as I fry my tortilla before I stuff it. Yours is much more healthier though.

HeatherOz said...

Yum. Looks really good! And Easy!!!
Thanks so much for sharing! I'll let you know how my family likes them!
Heather-blog hopping

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried this with the Green Enchilada Sauce? Very mild and yummy!

Mary K Brennan said...

Looks like a great recipe and very easy to prepare. Stopping by from SITS.

donahugh43 said...

Can't wait to try them next time i visit.Are they as good as your apple pie?

Erin Dori said...

Mmmm...this looks good. I've been looking for a good enchilada recipe for my family. Thanks for posting this!

Tim said...

This looks great! So glad to have found your blog thru the hop. I love it. You have a beautiful family.

I hope you wont mind if I follow along.

Please feel free to stop by The Fort anytime, you are always welcome!

Love and Prayers,

Tim