Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oh I Can Dream

Have I ever told you that I'm dreaming of a locker room?

Well, now I am most certain that I need a locker room.
You know, want and need are two very different things.

But, now there are headless things resting in the middle of my floor.
Photobucket

And cleats dancing on my tables.

Photobucket

and upper bodies missing their limbs.

Photobucket

This is certainly an emergency, right???

Photobucket

It clearly changes the want of a locker room to the need of a locker room.


This cannot be allowed to go on.

Photobucket

It can't be expected to be endured, especially when one has to live with padded pants being left stranded at the bottom of mismatched carpeted stairs.

Oh, and what is that mixed in with my superb organizational skills represented on the shelf behind my washing machine?

Photobucket

It is a cup not the kind you drink from and a baseball glove thrown carelessly amidst the diapers, fire extinguisher and strap for a lunchbox. 
Amidst the things which so logically belong on a shelf behind the washing machine. 

Photobucket

Have I mentioned to you that I really need a locker room?

Or I could get my kids to put the stuff in one place.
But, a locker room would be much easier.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It does look like a locker room is required at your house. Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

Dawn Wilson said...

Oh my goodness! Yes. You do need a locker room. Stat!

livinginbetween said...

I hear ya! We play the other kind of football, so we're minus a few of the, ahem, equipment that's cluttering your nooks and crannies, but still . . . I'd like not to find a pair of sweaty shin guards next to my dining room table and I'd like not to trip over the cleats as I maneuver through the laundry room to try to find my drier.

A universal mom problem!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Can't identify with ya here;) But some lockers would actually be a good thing for you! Maybe you could really find some:)

MamaMonki said...

You definitely need a locker room!

partialemptynester said...

Oh, sweet mama...I hate to be the "old woman" here, but how nostalgic this post is for me...there was that stage in my life now long gone...my carpooling vehicle smelled of boys fresh from practice (somehow they all needed rides home...where were their parents? Not to judge, I was always happy to have them)...but the stench, oh, the stench that would settle in my car...how I would long for fresh air, but I'd just smile and send them home one by one...then home to wash...and wash..and wash...but now? Well, girls that cheer don't seem to smell the same way...when my girl gets in from practice somehow she still smells nice...her cheer uniforms still have the scent of her perfume...her dirty clothes pile up in a different way...should I wear this or should I wear that? So...all that to say...treasure the dirt, the mud, the stench, the equipment...one day he'll be long gone and college books will clutter his room when high school football is but a pleasant memory...sorry to take up so much room, but I've been awful nostalgic of late...so I absolutely love your post and have simply stared and meditated on it, praying over you and your precious boys during this amazingly fun stage of life that you are in :))

Brigetta's Mom said...

All I can say is Thank God I had girls!!! I do love my grandson's, but God new that would have made me crazy...so he blessed me with you and you sister. I'm sure, so that I could view this at both your homes from afar:=) P.S. Looks like USC colors in this pile!