Thursday, October 14, 2010

Brown Sugar Frosting

Are you tired of buying frosting in a can?
Does the thought of making butter cream frosting again just get your panties in a wad?
Do you poop out at parties?
Are you unpopular?
The answer to all your woes is right here...
No, it's not vitameatavegamin.
It's brown sugar frosting.

Here are your ingredients- brown sugar, butter, vanilla and cream.
You'll need a 2 quart saucepan and a candy thermometer.


 Take a quarter cup of butter.


Two cups of brown sugar.
I don't know why my butter in the background looks fluorescent.


 One cup of unwhipped whipping cream.


On medium heat, stir until you reach a rolling boil.

Or, according to my mother's recipe, find a nice medium head and stir.
I laughed out loud, by myself in my kitchen when I read this.


Get out your handy, dandy candy thermometer (you will need one).
Boil until it reaches 240 degrees or soft ball.


It will look like this for a while.
Be patient.



When it finally reaches soft ball, 
stir in a teaspoon of vanilla.


Get out your mixer and mix until it cools enough to form soft peaks.
Or cool swirly things like this.


Then spread over a devil's food cake.


and enjoy!

Here is the recipe.

Brown Sugar Frosting

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla

In 2 qt. saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and cream on medium heat. Stir until it reaches a rolling boil. Remove from heat when the candy thermometer reads 240 degrees (soft ball stage). Add vanilla and stir quickly so it does not burn. With a mixer, mix until frosting consistency or until it holds together and peaks form. Frost a cooled devil's food cake quickly. This will frost one 9X13 cake.

Join all the happy, peppy people...
I really always have loved Lucy!

5 comments:

Kelly L said...

I will use this - yummy!

Love to you
Kelly
I've Become My Mother

Brigetta's Mom said...

Yeah! You did it!!! And you made me laugh in the process:-) I can smell and taste the frosting now!

PBKISSES said...

Weellll....let's see...I USUALLY don't POP out at parties and I don't think I'm unPOOPular, but I am going to try this yummy frosting anyway. Can you tell? I LOVE LUCY 2!

Farmgirl Paints said...

well yummy...i'm sure i will never make this because i hate cooking, but i can drool over yours. you are a hoot by the way;)

a new beginning said...

you are hysterical. i don't think i can make a recipe that requires a thermometer...makes me nervous...but oh how i'd like to have a taste of your deliciousness!