Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Socks and Undies

I just have to say that I am madly in love with my children and it pains me to watch them get bigger, especially this little dude who seems to climbing right out of babyhood. 

He decided last night that he didn't want to put his jammies on. 
He wanted to hang out in his socks and undies (or diaper in this case) instead. 


Perhaps it was because I hadn't fixed his bedhead from his nap yet.
In my defense, when the temps are subzero and hats are required, nobody needs to fix their hair.
Including me. Ono of my favorite perks about living in Montana. 


So I chased this slightly sneaky looking boy around


while he decided to play with the toy on our fridge that says things like "a cowduck" when you put half a cow and in the front and half a duck in the back. 
Strange, I tell you. 

But oh, that little gut of his just is crying out for some raspberries. 


Then, he had to give his very biggest brother some love which was returned with a giant smile and a laugh.
One of the best and most unexpected blessings of having this little one ten years from our first, 
is watching the way the boys love him. 



Then he had to weigh himself for some particular reason


and all I have to say is that I wish my face looked like that when I stepped on the scale. 



Of course, this was all lots of fun, but I still thought it WAS really time for bath and bedtime.
But, he found his shield, put his game face on



and was ready to do battle. 


But, as you know, mommy always wins.


Bath and bedtime ensued, jammies were finally put on and mommy got to rest. 

Still, it was fun letting him try.

11 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, it pains my heart to see these littles grow up even thought that is our job as mamas! I just LOVE these baby years!!!

Saw your comment from yesterday! Too funny!

Take care,
Val

April said...

super cute post! :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

I bet he keeps you super busy. He is getting sooo big!

Donna's Daze said...

It looks like he had a thoroughly enjoyable day.

MamaMonki said...

Too sweet! My WeeMan has decided pants are so over also. He loves to take his pants off and leave them places and streak around in his diaper. He even tried it while we were out having his 2 year pictures taken.

a new beginning said...

love how you're delighting in him in the last pic :) sooo cute! and are you kidding? i smile like that EVERY time i get off the scale...love you!

Julie Gillies said...

Hi Brigetta,

This is my first visit to your blog--nice to meet you! I love your family's story about moving from California to Montana and enjoyed the pics of your sweet little guy. As the mom of 3 (ages 30, 21 & 15) I can assure you they grow up entirely too fast.

Blessings to you.

Tana said...

Oh he's so precious! I love that he has a shield. I'm sure he was protecting you. ;) What a blessed life you have!!!

donahugh43 said...

Love the pictures. Still can't believe how different he looks from the other boys. Did you notice he is holding his arm just like hh does. love ya all keep posting thoses pics.

Billy Coffey said...

I smiled through all those pictures. So glad to know you're relishing those small moments.

Last night, my son said he was going to tuck himself into bed. I wouldn't let him.

Because daddy always wins, too.

Erin MacPherson said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO SO precious. Makes me excited to have another little boy!