Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Never Know

I was stopped short again this morning by that feeling of- You never know what is going to happen, you never know how long you have in this moment, this season of your life. LIVE, BE COURAGEOUS, BE JOYFUL, BE KIND.


Then I was off visiting my favorite blogs and stopped by Bring the Rain where Angie mentioned a mama named Joanne, a blogger, who needs prayer. Yesterday, she had a stroke and her daughter found her unresponsive on her treadmill, suffering from a seizure. Joanne's blog is called The Simple Wife and she describes simple living as "not so much about the particulars of our lives as much as it is about the principles that govern them. Knowing what God has called you to do, and doing it—that's living simply."

Her husband Toben is writing her blog and twittering updates. They removed a portion of her skull to relieve pressure this morning and he's asked for prayer that she WAKE UP.

Yesterday, she tweeted about the weather and building a fire at 5am and setting off her smoke alarm.

Life is fleeting; it is a vapor; it is too good and too fast and too mysterious. It is a gift. Pray for this woman, this mother, this wife, this writer, this friend. I don't know her, but I don't have to.

LIVE
BE COURAGEOUS
BE JOYFUL
BE KIND
BE BOLD in prayer. 



2 comments:

Rebekah {honeyandcheese} said...

I found your blog today as I started out on a mission to stop by every single blog linked up to last year's Ultimate Blog Party. And I'm so glad I did.

Thank you for sharing about this woman, even though you don't know her. It's truly amazing that we're able to lift one another up to the Lord, whether we know each other or not. HIS knowing is good enough. I'm praying for Joanne. Thank you for letting God use you this way.

Blessings,
Rebekah

Joybird said...

Hey Brigetta,
Thanks for the update and link about Joanne. She is a Siesta and I read about her yesterday on Beth Moore's blog. She is so young. I am praying.