Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Baby is 3!

I started this blog when I was pregnant with this Little Bear. 


And many have you have followed along since I gave birth to this sweet boy who has been... well, I want to say "complete joy"... but even those words seem insufficient.

And when he turned three on Easter amidst a bounty of family in California,
I couldn't help to feel a tinge of sadness.
A slight desire to go sit in the fetal position in a closet and suck my thumb.
My baby is three. 
My baby is three. 
My baby isn't a baby anymore. 
In a few short years, he will be walking through the doors of Kindergarten. 
Aghhhh! Stop me here. 


We were so blessed to have every living grandparent he has drive to my sister's house to see us, to help celebrate our boy.
I mean, how rare a moment was that? 
I drank it in. 


My words for him-
Joyful
Kind-hearted
Welcoming
Thoughtful
Funny
Athletic
Lefty
Brown Eyed
iPhone lover
Strider Rider
Ball Thrower
Silly Goose
Candy Finder
Chair Slider Climber
Lego Builder
Lego Thrower
Giggler
Smiley
Hope Giver


He told everyone for weeks, 
"My Birthday is on Eastah!"


And the extra blessing of that was being with family, seeing our California church family, and having a built in birthday game. 

Have you heard?
Little Bear is THREE!

2 comments:

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Yes...you blink your eyes...and sadly they are not "babies" anymore.
Children do grow up fast...
my oldest turned 30 this year and my youngest with be 11 soon(too soon).
Take care,
Nancy
P.S. Looks like a semi sunny day for us in Missoula.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Really he still is a baby. He's cute and cuddly...still thinks you are his everything. I remember him being just a little baby though. Time sure goes fast.