Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cruisin...

I am a cruiser now.
I'm cruisalicious.
Really, I don't know why I just said that except that cruising around town on my new cruiser bike is just
So. Much. Fun.


Years ago, when we camped a lot, I had another cruiser bike (not quite as lovely as this one) but it met its demise on a little trip we took in our motor home one summer to the town of Whitefish, Montana. 
HH was trying to park that gigantic motor home downtown so we could try out the local restaurants and backed right into a pole and squished my former cruiser.
I pass that pole almost daily now. 



For a while, I inherited HH's old mountain bike though it was never used for actual mountain biking. 
So, when for Mother's Day, I was surprised 
(sort of. Luke was lobbying to get me a new bike so he could inherit dad's old mountain bike and Jack could have his bike since Jack's bike was broken. It's all very political really.)
with my new green cruiser, I was totally stoked.
After all, we are townies now and when the snow is gone, you can get anywhere in town on a bike -
school, grocery store, gym, Farmer's Market, Library, a night out in town, my best buddies houses. 



Yesterday, I cruised (pulling Little Bear in the trailer) to school with Toots. Then, I cruised over to the high school track to watch the 5th grade track meet. Then, I cruised over the the elementary school again to talk to a teacher. I cruised back home for a while and then back for pick up.

I'm saving gas and I'm seeing flowers bloom and one of my favorite parts of the morning is cruising under the branches of a lilac tree. 
I lift my face and breathe in. 

Now I just need a little bell and a basket. 

6 comments:

Foursons said...

I have an old hand-me-down maroon cruiser that I LOVE. I am jealous that you live in a town that you can ride yours around to do stuff. We have to drive to get anything that we need. But I do have a basket on the front for water bottles when we brave our neighborhood. LOVE my bike!

*Reading Between the Lines* said...

Oh...nice!
I love bike riding!
I can smell the lilacs 8~)
I need to get me a bike.
Nancy

Farmgirl Paints said...

I want a picture of YOU on the cruiser;)

margie said...

I threw my back out cruising this week with the kiddos! I think I need a nice big comfy seat!

margie said...

I threw my back out cruising this week with the kiddos! I think I need a nice big comfy seat!

Farmgirl Paints said...

hey girlie talked about your book yesterday. several friends told me they downloaded. EEEk! :-)