Monday, March 23, 2009

Can Your Water Break From Coughing?

Apparently so! 

Don't worry, it didn't break. I have had a bad cough for a few months now and kept thinking it would go away. It hasn't. I went to my OB last Thursday. I told him that I wanted to make sure this cough was gone before my c-section on April 8th. The thought of coughing with an incision just doesn't sound fun. 

His response was, "We had better get you on some antibiotics and cough medicine. We don't want your water to break." I was like, "That can happen?" I mean, I know that coughing can make me pee (sorry if that is TMI), but I didn't ever think about my water breaking. He hadn't seemed concerned the last two appointments. Either he didn't notice or I wasn't far enough along for the water breakage to be a concern. 

In any event, I learned something new. At least it wasn't the hard way. 

No comments: