Sunday, September 12, 2010

Down with The Nest!

I just wanted to ease all of your worried minds

and let you know

that Hottie Husband
ignored my suggestion of protective clothing and eye ware and walked right up to that hornet's nest and sprayed it.

He waited a few days  and then took it down.



Then, once we were certain they were all dead by peering through the plastic bag,
it was time for some dissection.



We were amazed by the layers

and the texture, smooth and paper-like.


We dug down through the layers and discovered the center.


We now agree that hornets are quite impressive little creatures.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This is really neat! I am with you though I would have wanted my husband to wear protective ware as well. Oh but what a great lesson for all to see the inside of a hornet nest.

partialemptynester said...

What cool parents to do such a thing!!

Foursons said...

Wow, that is AH-Mazing. I just showed my husband all the pictures. He didn't act as impressed but he humored me by looking. :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Whew...so glad that's taken care of. Hottie husband is so brave! Aren't God's creatures amazing?? Almost sad to kill them;)

a new beginning said...

great pics--love the 6th one especially--what an awesome shot. wasn't surprised one bit of HH not wearing the protective gear :)